[Image-SIG] Re: PIL 1.1.4 and Python 2.3 on Mac OS X 10.3?

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Nov 6 22:09:36 EST 2003

> Delete all the other ones and stick with what Apple gave you and your
> problems should go away.
>
> You should stop making this so hard on yourself..  besides, PIL is
> available precompiled by way of Package Manager (albeit, missing
> libjpeg and a few other things, but I will have a Panther version of my
> Package Manager repository in a few days that will include a better
> version of PIL).

Sorry, Bob, but I've been making it hard on myself for years now and
probably can't stop now :-).  In any case, we tend to use packages
NFS-automounted from a central location, rather than installing
packages like Python + PIL + ... on each individual machine.  I need
to make it continue to work that way (as it always has up to 10.3).

Bill