[Image-SIG] rpy and cgi

Daryl Shanley Daryl.Shanley@newcastle.ac.uk
Fri, 23 May 2003 17:08:01 +0100

I've recently been exploring using the RPy interface to R for for =
producing some graphs using a series of commands such as;
 #r.jpeg(file=3D"/var/www/test/test.jpeg",width=3D350,height=3D350)
 #r.hist(div,r.seq(0,100,5),col=3D"red",main=3D"Distribution of number =
of divisions achieved",xlab=3D"Number of divisions")
 #r.dev_off()
This works fine when the python file is run from a command line, but =
when I incorporate these same commands into a cgi file I get an =
'internal server error'. I'm using an Apache web server and the error =
log reads
 unable to open connection to X11 display`'
Premature end of script headers: /usr/lib/cgi-bin/test/test.py
 Execution halted
Does anybody have any ideas?
=20