[Image-SIG] Re: problem with PIL

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Wed, 21 May 2003 11:36:24 +0200

Amit Keney wrote:

> I work at the National Institute of Oceanography,Goa - India.

hey, don't make me jealous (I'm pretty sure working with Oceano-
graphy in Goa beats working in with Oceanography in Norrköping ;-)

> I tried installing the PIL library on an Silicon Graphics Onyx2
> Workstation running IRIX6.5 as the OS. wiht much effort i managed to
> install it.

PIL tends to build pretty much out of the box, at least on all
platforms I have access to...

> But i am facing a problem now..
> I opened a gif file and then tried drawing on the image using the
> ImageDraw module but everytime i use the drawing functions it core dumps

...and the drawing functions also tends to work.

what kind of problems did you have building the library?  I suspect
that the build problems may be related to the drawing problems, so
any information on compiler warnings, linking problems etc. may be
helpful.

(are there any image-sig readers with access to SGI systems that
knows more about potential build/run problems?  I haven't seen an
SGI box in years...)

</F>