[Image-SIG] Re: Image-SIG digest, Vol 1 #815 - 1 msg

Jeff Breidenbach jbreiden@parc.com
Sun, 18 May 2003 21:38:05 PDT

> From what I remember the same is valid for other not-one-char-per-pixel
> TIFF file formats, including 16 and 32 bit integers. Thus, with PIL you
> currently only can read your 'native' file format correctly.

Just to clarify, in TIFF "FillOrder" refers to the bit order.
Meaning binary 00000010 could be either decimal 2 or decimal 128
depending on whether the most significant bit is on the left
or the right.

What I believe you are talking about is byte order, also
known as endianess. That is handled with a different TIFF tag.
While there may be endianess issues as well, I have not noticed
them yet. Also endianess is at least mentioned in TiffImagePlugin.py,
while FillOrder is not.

-Jeff