[Image-SIG] Re: problem with building _imagingtk on Irix

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Sun, 11 May 2003 21:53:05 +0200

Alexandre Gillet wrote:

> I am trying to build and use _imagingtk.so on a SGI irix6.5.for python2.3
> I am able to build the module but when I import it I get the folowing error:
> ImportError: 841717:python2.3: rld: Fatal Error: unresolvable symbol in
> ./_imagingtk.so: jpeg_resync_to_restart

I don't know much about SGI build issues, but the "jpeg_resync_to_restart"
symbol is defined by the JPEG library -- which shouldn't be needed by the
Tk interface...

guessing wildly, you could try changing this part of setup.py

try:
    import _tkinter
    TCL_VERSION = _tkinter.TCL_VERSION[
except (ImportError, AttributeError):