[Image-SIG] ANN: PIL 1.1.4 beta 2 (source)

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Wed, 7 May 2003 14:00:06 +0200

On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 22:57 Europe/Amsterdam, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> the PIL 1.1.4 beta 2 source kit are now available from:
>
>      http://effbot.org/downloads#imaging
>
> consider this as a release candidate; if I don't hear anything, and we
> don't find any problems in our internal testing, this will be released
> as
> 1.1.4 final in a not too distant future.

Fredrik,
builds and installs flawlessly, I've already added it to the MacPython
2.3b1
Package Manager.

I do have one more feature request, though (or maybe this is in there
and I'm not looking at the right place): I would like to be able to get
the version number.

Package Manager also notices if you have an outdated version installed,
but I can't seem to find the version number in PIL. Could you add an
__version__="1.1.4" to the __init__.py or something?
Goldman