FW: [Image-SIG] PIL 1.1.3 Win binaries for 2.2

Larry Bates lbates@syscononline.com
Tue, 6 May 2003 11:35:57 -0500

ActiveState is a good source for binaries.  PIL 1.1.3 is
available at:

http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/PyPPM/2.2+/packages/PIL-1.1.3.win32.2
.2.zip

Regards,
Larry Bates

-----Original Message-----
From: image-sig-admin@python.org [mailto:image-sig-admin@python.org]On
Behalf Of Philip Cooper
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 4:30 PM
To: image-sig@python.org
Subject: [Image-SIG] PIL 1.1.3 Win binaries for 2.2

Don't know if this will show up on the proper thread.  I just
subsrcibed and am responding to a recent posting.  The respone to the
subject was that downloading PIL binary for python 2.1 and installing
manually seemed to work without any testing.  Just opening a file
appeared to work.

As the FAQ at pythonware says the Image.py(c) may work and be bale to
open an image file and perform some tasks.  This does not imply a
working PIL.  _imaging.pyd is accessed for other functions (like
drawing or modifying an image as I and I suspect the original poster
were attempting).  This dll does not load and work well with python
2.2 .

Pythonware says this on thier site, and the recent posting of the
orginal and subsequent (May 4) postings indicate, that no working
binary has surfaced yet.  I've seen some posts on compile tips but has
anyone seen or posted a working binary for the PIL 1.3 Python 2.2
compo under windows. (Linux is my primary production environment but I
need the windoz verions for mobility reasons ;-)

Cheers
--
Phil