[Image-SIG] Splitting Images [Was: .DCX files and dpi information]

Jody jmricker at nc.rr.com
Wed Jun 4 20:00:55 EDT 2003

I also needed to know the dpi of my images. Is there a way to do it
interactively? At the moment I know what the dpi of the images I need to
handle are set at but would like to set up my script to be more dynamic.

Also, the script I'm working is I need to split a large image into printer
page sized sheets. If I understand the meaning of dpi, that's how many
printed dots per inch. So to crop one page worth of material, I need a
bounding box set:

Width of image in pixels / dpi * 8.5 ## Rounded down
Height of image in pixels / dpi * 11 ## Rounded down

Thanks,
Jody