[Image-SIG] quicktime movies using PIL

Chris Cogdon chris at cogdon.org
Fri Aug 22 22:34:41 EDT 2003

On Friday 22 August 2003 08:43, charo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to do some simple calculations at every three frames in movies
> stored as quicktime. Is there any way to read quicktime movies using
> PIL? If it is not the case, does anybody know a way to export quicktime
> movies frame by frame to an uncompressed format?

Unless someone would like to correct me on this...

I don't believe PIL handles quicktime files, as it's primarily an image
processing library. (With the special exception of GIF animations :)

A google search returns a number of useful options

http://www.google.com/search?q=export%20quicktime%20movie%20as%20individual%20frames

--
   ("`-/")_.-'"``-._        Chris Cogdon <chris at cogdon.org>