[Image-SIG] IOError: decoder group3 not available

David Thibault dthibault@esperion.com
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:14:04 -0400

Hello all,

I've got multipage TIFF files that I need to convert to PDF using PIL and
reportlab.  I think I'd be all set except I seem to be hitting an old bug.
I saw this:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/image-sig/2002-February/001736.html and it
seems to be the exact problem I'm running into.  Has anyone ever figured
this out?  These tiff's are mode 1 and I get the exact error in the subject
line if I try to convert them to RGB or if I try to convert them to JPG.  I
was hoping to take each tiff, pull out each page, convert it to jpg, then
add it to the PDF file so that it would minimize the size of the files.
However, anything that will work programmatically will make me happy...

Regards,
Dave