FW: [Image-SIG] installation problem

jef.mangelschots@invensys.com jef.mangelschots@invensys.com
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:59:45 -0800

Package Manager works great, but is there any documentation with the
packages you install ?
if so, where do I find how to use them ?

Regards
Jef

Jef Mangelschots                              Voice: (909) 987-4673 Ext.212
Design Engineer                                Fax:   (909) 606-2557
Web: http://www.safetran.com/       Email: jef.mangelschots@invensys.com

|         |           Jef Mangelschots |
|         |           04/04/2003 12:42 |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:      <lbates@syscononline.com>                                                                                                         |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Subject: Re: FW: [Image-SIG] installation problem(Document link: Jef Mangelschots)                                                         |

this works great.
thanks
Jef

Jef Mangelschots                              Voice: (909) 987-4673 Ext.212
Design Engineer                                Fax:   (909) 606-2557
Web: http://www.safetran.com/       Email: jef.mangelschots@invensys.com

|         |           "Larry Bates"    |
|         |           <lbates@syscononl|
|         |           ine.com>         |
|         |           04/04/2003 09:15 |
|         |           lbates           |
  |                                                                                                                                                  |
  |       To:       <jef.mangelschots@invensys.com>                                                                                                  |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  FW: [Image-SIG] installation problem                                                                                             |

Jef,

The easiest way is to use PPM (Python Package Manager) that comes
with Active State's install.  Do following:

Start-Programs-ActiveState-Python Package Manager
type-"install PIL"

This will install Python Imaging Library in the correct place and you
should be good to go.

There are many other packages that can be installed this way that
you may want to consider.  You can get a list by typing 'search *'.
Some I use are:

egenix-ms-base (good date/time modules)
dynwin & calldll (used to call windows .DLL modules)
HTMLgen (used to generate HTML pages)

Good Luck,
Larry