[Image-SIG] Windows video

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 21:43:22 +0200

On vrijdag, okt 18, 2002, at 11:46 Europe/Amsterdam, Robert Klimek
wrote:
>> But you will of course need to have
>> Quicktime installed.
>
> I'm interested!  But I also need this to run on LInux... Is that
> asking for
> too much?

Either you missed the sentence about needing to have QuickTime
installed, or are Apple finally releasing QuickTime for Linux?

The latter would be *very* good news, the multimedia offerings on Linux
are few and far between (with only the SGI library having anything
resembling a decent featureset. At least, on SGI machines, I never
tried running it on other hardware).

But: if QuickTime is indeed available for Linux then that should be
easy to support from the Quicktime module too. And I won't even have to
fire up a windows machine:-)
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -