[Image-SIG] Windows video

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:45:59 +0200

On woensdag, oktober 16, 2002, at 09:07 , Roger & Arlene wrote:

> Does anyone know if a library is available to write AVI video
> files with
> Python on Win32?  I shudder at the thought of having to wrap Video for
> Windows myself, since I'm largely ignorant of C++!  Any
> pointers on creating
> video with Python would be useful.

If you can live with Quicktime in stead of AVI then there's a
little-known solution (little known because I did the work two
years ago but never advertised it): the Python quicktime module
(included in the standard distribution, but usually enabled only
in MacPython and on OSX) will work on Windows with only a few
minor modifications. But you will of course need to have
Quicktime installed. Python's quicktime module is automatically
generated and exports about 90% of the full API.

If there's interest in this people could plead with me to fire
up my Windows machine and put the mods into the repository,
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -