[Image-SIG] Bus Error

Denis Fan denis.fan@dcs.warwick.ac.uk
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:25:15 +0100

--------------C253A2E389F114BA900581D8

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> > I can also imported Image and ImageTk successfully in Python, but when I
> > tried to do the task below, problem came:
> >
> > im = Image.open(photo.gif)
> > photo = ImageTk.PhotoImage(im)
> > ----> in the process of creating photo ... Bus Error (core dumped)
> > appear ....
> >
> > even though I tried
> > im = Image.open(photo.gif)
> > tkim = ImageTk.PhotoImage(im.mode, im.size)
> > tkim.paste(ImageEnhance.Contrast(im).enhance(2.67))
> > ----> in the process  ... Bus Error (core dumped) appear ....
> >
> > why? Did I do something wrong with the installation?
>
> what Tk version are you using?
> do you get a stack trace if you run this under a debugger?

The Tk and Tcl are in version 8.2, is that why? or should I need to install a
newer version of TK?

I have looked at some tutorial on the web, which teach you how to use the
debugger, but I am still not fully understand the main concept of how does it
work, has anyone got any link or docs that can help?

Thanks
-d

--

--------------C253A2E389F114BA900581D8

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
in Python, but when I
The Tk and Tcl are in version 8.2, is that why? or should I need to install
a newer version of TK?
the debugger, but I am still not fully understand the main concept of how
does it work, has anyone got any link or docs that can help?
<pre>--</pre>
&nbsp;</html>

--------------C253A2E389F114BA900581D8--