[Image-SIG] Pythonware PIL problems

Kevin@Cazabon.com kevin@cazabon.com
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 18:54:53 -0700

If you're interested, and can run both Python and Perl based scripts on your
web server, I have a full script already written and running that you can
use if you like.

The way it runs now, all you have to do is create directories full of
images, and it will create albums for you automatically from there
(dynamically), allowing the user to specify how many images to see at a
time.  It uses PIL to automatically resize the images for the client browser
BEFORE sending them across the network (the client sends info through a
JavaScript about the current screen size).  While that takes a LITTLE work
on the server, it saves a LOT on bandwidth and you only have to have one
copy of the image on the server.

I also have another script that does something similar, but allows you to
automatically tie text descriptions and linked files into each image...

Check out the following, and let me know if you want the source:

http://www.cazabon.com/cgi-album/photoAlbum.cgi  (photos of my wedding)
http://www.cazabon.com/cgi-skydiving/skylog.cgi    (skydiving videos, plus
descriptions, etc)

Kevin Cazabon.