[Image-SIG] Installing PIL

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 16:56:21 +0200

Robert wrote:

> I for some reason cannot seem to install the python Image Library on my
> computer. I have tried every solution that I have seen or could think of
> with no luck. Well I can actually get the PIL to install and import, its
> just that when I try to work on an image I get the error that the python
> imaging c library is not installed.

I've added a brief description of what might cause this
problem to the PIL faq:

    http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/faq.htm

(summary: PIL is no different from any other extension;
your interpreter needs to find the PIL files, and on Windows,
the _imaging extension will only work for the python major/
minor version it was built for)

</F>