[Image-SIG] PIL image resizing quality seems a little rough, any workarounds?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 22:29:39 +0200

"Mail System Administrator" <mailhost@cdc.edu> (?) wrote:

> Great suggestion!  Sadly it appears that the Anti-Alias rendering is only in
> version 1.1.3 which has not been compiled by Secret Labs for us poor windoze
> folks yet.  I am still stuck with 1.1.2.
>
> I know you put an installer on your site (effbot.org) that works for python
> installations, but for zope users it doesn't get past the Enter Python Path
> screen because the zope installer doesn't create a registry key for the
> python installation path and the field does not allow manual entry of the
> path.
>
> Would it work to hand enter a registry key for the zope installation?
> Is there another work-around you can suggest?

I happened to stumble upon this little HOWTO today:

http://www.zope.org/Members/SmileyChris/howto/pil_for_windows

if I were you, I'd also ask the Zope maintainers to include
something similar to the regpy helper described here:

http://www.pythonware.com/products/works/articles/regpy20.htm

</F>