[Image-SIG] Getting Image resolution ?

Terry Hancock hancock@ipac.caltech.edu
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:53:29 -0800 (PST)

I'm pretty sure that TIFFs contain this information, but I
think that JPEGs and GIFs do not.  For those, you will
probably have to get this information some other way
(such as asking the user).  I'm hoping someone else will
tell you how to extract it from the TIFF header, as I
don't know that part.

Terry

* Terry Hancock -- Science Software Support  -- IPAC *
*    http://www.ipac.caltech.edu/local/Science/sw/   *
*              hancock@ipac.caltech.edu              *