[Image-SIG] Changing number of colours in image

Gordon Williams g_will@cyberus.ca
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 08:54:58 -0500

Hi,

I have a bunch of equations in GIF images.  These are not printing properly
in a pdf file format and I think it is due to the equation text not being
pure black.  When I take an image program and turn off the transparency and
set the colour to 1 bit it then prints correctly.  I would like to take
these GIF images and do the same thing with PIL.  After reading the
documents, I couldn't figure out how this could be accomplished, but is
appears like it is the kind of thing that PIL would be good at.

Any hints on how this might be done would be appreciated.

Regards,

Gordon Williams