[Image-SIG] StringIO seems to garble images in cgi

Georg Mischler schorsch@schorsch.com
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 09:06:48 -0500 (EST)

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> > Another possibility is that the missing second '\n' here
> > causes the server to send garbage. You need an empty line
> > between the HTTP headers and the data.
>
> but the print statement adds an extra newline by
> itself, right?

There's a point to that...

I got confused by the mixed use of print and sys.stdout.write.
But then, maybe Python got confused by the same thing, as was
mentioned earlier about the -u parameter in the hashbang.

I'd recommend not to mix those two, just to be on the safe side.

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/