[Image-SIG] Always crash on ImageTk module

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 14:12:37 +0100

Denis wrote:

> I am running SunOS on my system. The problem is that whatever I do in
> PIL or in python, they all works fine, except when I tried to use the
> PhotoImage class in the ImageTk module (in here I am trying to turn an
> image that has been opened by the Image module and did some enhancement
> as well into something that is compatible with the Tkinter in python (so
> that I could display onto a Canvas)).
>
> Unfortunately, the only two results I have got so far is a) Bus Error
> and b) segmentation fault ... as I know 'Bus Error' appears on the Sun's
> system can mean a lot of things, but can anyone help me out?

you should be able to use the debugger to figure out where it crashes,
either by running the program under the debugger, or via the core file
(ask your local expertise for details)

> In my system, I am using tcl/tk 8.0 or higher, so I imagine that should
> be ok for both packages? I have updated my X windows patch (from the
> Sun's web site)

IIRC, something in the Tk C API changed somewhere around 8.1 or so.
If the debugger doesn't provide more clues, try recompiling, and look for
warnings in the compiler log.

</F>