[Image-SIG] 'Compile' problem

Steven Faulconer sfaulconer@cfl.rr.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 22:29:11 -0500

Hello everyone,

I'm just getting started in learning python, and since most of my normal
work involves image manipulation, I thought I would give the PIL a run
through. I'm having a bit of difficulty getting it installed properly.
Quick specs:

Linux (Crux 0.9.3)
Tcl/Tk 8.4b1
Python 2.2.1 (installed and working ok)
GCC 2.95.3

I've compiled the Imaging core library (libImaging.a) without a problem,
I then run 'python setup.py build' and I get the following error:

---<snip>---
gcc -DNDEBUG -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -IlibImaging
-I/usr/include/python2.2 -c _imagingtk.c -o
build/temp.linux-i686-2.2/_imagingtk.o -O2 -march=i686 -pipe
gcc -DNDEBUG -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -IlibImaging
-I/usr/include/python2.2 -c Tk/tkImaging.c -o
build/temp.linux-i686-2.2/tkImaging.o -O2 -march=i686 -pipe
Tk/tkImaging.c: In function `PyImagingPhoto':
Tk/tkImaging.c:165: too few arguments to function `Tk_PhotoPutBlock'
Tk/tkImaging.c:175: too few arguments to function `Tk_PhotoPutBlock'
Tk/tkImaging.c:182: too few arguments to function `Tk_PhotoPutBlock'

Attempting to build the modules by hand (make -f Makefile.pre.in
boot;make) gets the same message. Obviously, I've got something
misconfigured/broke. I understand the error message ok, just not quite
sure how to resolve it. Does PIL not support Tcl/Tk 8.4?

Thanks for any information you can send.

Steven