[Image-SIG] PIL Installation on SUN Box

sudhir Nambiar kksudhir@hotmail.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:21:05 +0000

Giving the following error when using the Make command to build the libimage
lib files, using Python version 2.2 and PIL 1.1.3.

# gcc --version
2.95

# uname -a
SunOS staging 5.7 Generic_106541-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-cEngine

# rm config.cache

# make clean
rm -f *.o *.so core *~ [@,#]* *.old *.orig *.rej *.pyc\
                test.ppm Imaging_wrap.c

# CC="gcc -ansi" ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for --without-gcc... no
checking for gcc... gcc -ansi
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -ansi  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -ansi  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc -ansi accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ar... ar
checking MACHDEP... sunos5
checking for jpeg_destroy_compress in -ljpeg... yes
checking for deflate in -lz... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -ansi -E
checking for ANSI C header files... no
checking for inline... __inline__
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
checking size of char... 0
checking size of short... 0
checking size of int... 0
checking size of long... 0
checking size of float... 0
checking size of double... 0
checking for working const... yes
checking for prototypes... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for getpagesize... yes
checking for working mmap... no
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating ImConfig.h
ImConfig.h is unchanged

# make
gcc -ansi -O -I./. -I/usr/local/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -c  coretest.c
In file included from Imaging.h:21,
                 from coretest.c:19:
ImPlatform.h:18: #error Sorry, this library requires ANSI header files.
ImPlatform.h:36: #error Cannot find required 32-bit integer type
ImPlatform.h:48: #error Cannot find required 32-bit floating point type
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `coretest.o'