[Image-SIG] PIL on macosX

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 21:44:08 +0200

jp hebert wrote:

> I compiled python and PIL o macosX using Apple's
> development tools. python works  all right, but when I
> import PIL I get this:

> dyld: python multiple definitions of symbol _heap_free

/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics(produc
t_link.o)
> definition of _heap_free
> /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/PIL/_imaging.so
> definition of _heap_free
>
> and then python aborts. how could I fix this?

"grep heap_free" would have told you that there's a
function with that name in libImaging/QuantHeap.c,
which is used twice in libImaging/Quant.c.

try renaming that function before rebuilding.

</F>