[Image-SIG] PIL ImageDraw module question

Larry Bates lbates@syscononline.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:50:58 -0500

I have used PIL to do image conversions, but I have a project that
I'm working on where I need to place textual information on a TIFF
file and save as TIFF.  I see how to manipulate the TIFF file, but
am unsure how to handle the text.  ImageDraw seems to have a
text method, but refers  to ImageFont class.  In looking at the
ImageFont class, it refers to BDF and PCF fonts.  I'm working
in Win32 environment, so I'm confused about how I can
make this work with TTF or Type 1 fonts.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards, Larry