[Image-SIG] any debian folks here?

Simon Richter sjr@debian.org
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 15:21:24 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> what annoys me here is that someone interpreted the debian statement
> as if PIL was too buggy to be shipped with a Linux distribution.

The most fascinating thing is that I had not heard anything about this
until I got CCs of the mails from image-sig. Actually I'm really annoyed
by this.

> but since it appears to be a packaging problem, will you fix this?

It seems I'll have to. :-) I'm going to look at all of this on Monday.

> > The policy is, as I see it, in the stabilizing phase, where we apply it to
> > packages to see if there are any unforeseen problems.

> if your policy thinks that a package like PIL isn't a valid Python
> package, you need a new policy.

The last Debian package was not a valid Debian Python package, according
to the new Debian python policy. I thought the folks responsible for the
new policy fixed this (I was away at a conference when all of this
happened).

I think I will have to talk to the FTP masters, since they cannot pull a
package for bugs that have never existed in the BTS.

   Simon

--
GPG public key available from http://phobos.fs.tum.de/pgp/Simon.Richter.asc
 Fingerprint: DC26 EB8D 1F35 4F44 2934  7583 DBB6 F98D 9198 3292