[Image-SIG] ActiveState Python PIL on Win32 needs "jpeg62.dll"

Gary Oberbrunner garyo@oberbrunner.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 23:00:39 -0500

Hi PIL folks.  I hope this is the right place to ask this.  I'm a PIL
newbie; I just downloaded the ActiveState Python binaries onto my Win98
machine and everything seems fine, except PIL doesn't run.  When I do
>>> import _imaging
I get an error about a missing DLL (of course it doesn't say what it is).

Firing up FileMon to see what it is, it seems that it's looking along
sys.path for a file called "jpeg62.dll" which I don't have anywhere on my
system.  Is this because (a) I should have jpeg62.dll?  Where should I get
it?  (b) _imaging.pyd is looking for it mistakenly?  How can I fix it?  or
(c) I'm an idiot, and just have to adjust some config file somewhere?

Any ideas would be appreciated,

thanks,

-- Gary Oberbrunner (garyo@oberbrunner.com)