[Image-SIG] Python and Video?????

David Ransier David.Ransier@digital2me.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:36:07 -0800

Has anyone tried to display video (mpeg, avi, etc.,) from Python?

I'm new to Python, but not scripting. I'm just starting a crash course this
weekend, but I have lots of Perl, C++, etc., experience, so I'm not
expecting many problems with the core language.

The video question is because I need to prototype some TV SetTop Box stuff
and I'd like to use Python for the task.

I don't necessarily need real video, I could just sequence though a bunch of
jpegs and watch 1-frame/sec video. My real task is to create the OSD layer
on top of the video.

This would be totally cool if Python would allow me to show my OSD features
on top of a running video file.

I am developing on Windows.

Thanks,
David R

David Ransier
David.Ransier@digital2me.com
Office:   503-416-3812                 111 SW 5th Ave.
Fax:      503-416-3801                 Suite 2200
Mobile:  360-921-5584                 Portland, OR 97204