[Image-SIG] Help with ImageMagick-Python

Bob Klimek klimek@grc.nasa.gov
Fri, 09 Feb 2001 15:03:19 -0500

At 11:28 AM 2/9/2001 -0800, you wrote:

>I had a go at starting the interface last night... I think I'll stop.
>ImageMagick has one of the /worst/ APIs I've seen in my life! :)
>
>I might go back to PIL and fix it up. Perhaps take the resampling code
>from ImageMagick and port it to PIL. ALl the other problems it has should
>be fairly easy to fix up.

I think PIL is a really nice library, so easy to use, although a bit lean.
About a year ago I played around with JAI (Java Imaging), before giving up
on Java and switching to Python. And my experience with JAI was that it was
a major pain in the butt. In comparison, PIL is a pleasure to work with. So
anyone who wants to improve PIL, I think its great.

Bob
Robert B. Klimek
NASA Glenn Research Center