[Image-SIG] Using Intel IPL image library

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 23:21:44 +0100

"mgb@mgbeckett.com" wrote:
> I am interested in using python for image processing.
>
> I was think of using the Intel IPL image processing library.
>
> This should just involve adding a new python type and
> using SWIG to wrap all the IPL calls to python functions.

a PIL interface would also be cool.

> Is anyone else currently working on this ?

iirc, I downloaded the distribution once upon a time, but
that's about as far as I got.

> Is the image-sig about image processing or is it more graphics
> orientated ?

remote sensing, classical image processing, medical imaging,
document imaging, whatever.  as long as it's python.

</F>