[Image-SIG] Error while "make check" under PIL's libImaging directory

Ziying Sherwin sherwin@nlm.nih.gov
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 11:12:28 -0500 (EST)

We are trying to install PIL 1.1.2 on our Solaris 2.8 using gcc 3.0.2 and
python 2.1.1. After we did the "configure" in the "libImaging" directory. The
"make check" step failed because we installed jpeg library in a non-standard
place. So we modified the Makefile, and change the line read:

   JPEGINCLUDE=    /usr/local/include

to where the actual Jpeg header files are:

   JPEGINCLUDE=    /depot/include

However, when we ran "make check" again, we still got the following message:

nob>make check
gcc -O -I./. -I/depot/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -c  JpegDecode.c
JpegDecode.c:42: parse error before "void"
JpegDecode.c:48: parse error before "boolean"
JpegDecode.c:55: parse error before "void"
JpegDecode.c:96: parse error before "void"
JpegDecode.c:100: `cinfo' undeclared here (not in a function)
JpegDecode.c:100: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
JpegDecode.c:105: parse error before '->' token
JpegDecode.c:105: conflicting types for `longjmp'
/usr/include/iso/setjmp_iso.h:83: previous declaration of `longjmp'
JpegDecode.c:105: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
JpegDecode.c: In function `ImagingJpegDecode':
JpegDecode.c:130: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
JpegDecode.c:216: wrong type argument to unary exclamation mark
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `JpegDecode.o'

What is going on? Thanks for the help.

Since we are not on the mailing list, could you send your reply directly to
sherwin@nlm.nih.gov? Thanks.

Ziying Sherwin