[Image-SIG] JPEG Files not reading DPI settings

Kevin.Cazabon@gretag.com Kevin.Cazabon@gretag.com
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 09:18:33 -0600

I ran into the same issue myself... I ended up hacking dpi support into a
few of the PIL file modules, but didn't manage to get it into the JPG
library... I think I found that it needed some deeper changes than I was
willing to make at the time.

If you like, I can send you the tiff, eps, bmp, and other modules that I
DID hack, but don't know if that's of any use to you.  I'd really like to
see PIL support this feature where possible myself, as it's very important
in many situations.

Kevin Cazabon

                    "Nick Edens"
                    <nedens@checke        To:     image-sig@python.org
                    rdist.com>            cc:     (bcc: Kevin Cazabon/sienna/gig)
                                          Subject:     [Image-SIG] JPEG Files not reading DPI settings
                    04/13/2001
                    07:05 AM

When I open a JPEG file (the file is a 300 DPI file) with the Image.open()
command it doesn't seem to read in the dpi settings. So when I go and save
it it automatically saves it as a 72DPI file. Does anyone know of any way
to save it in the origonal DPI settings?

Any prompt help would be GREATLY appreciated.

- Nick Edens
  Checker Distributors