[Image-SIG] "Pil" module information.

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 21:49:13 +0200

"flytv1@yahoo.com" wrote:
> I am in the process of  learning Python and I would
> like to use the "Pil" module. I have Python Ver.
> 2.1a2, from "..Python.org" and I downloaded "Pil" for
> this version, and I am using it on a Win98SE as an OS.
> I unzipped the module in the main path C:\Python21 and
> copied _imaging.pyd into the Dll subdirectory and file
> "pil.pth" into C:\Python21.

if you're about to learn a new language, maybe you should
stay away from alpha releases ;-)

(I definitely recommend 2.0 over 2.1 alpha)

> I see a module named "imagepal.py" in the
> C:\Python21\Pil, subdirectory

it should be "ImagePalette.py", not "imagepal.py"

what tool did you use to unzip the library?  make sure you use
winzip [1] or Info-Zip's unzip [2].  older utilities (including pkzip)
don't understand long filenames.

Cheers /F

1) http://www.winzip.com
2) http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/UnZip.html