[Image-SIG] PIL / group4 CCITT Compression in TIFF

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Thu, 05 Apr 2001 05:13:46 -0500

>where the .tif file is a CCITT group4 compressed file.
>
>It seems, there is no decoder for group4 in PIL.
>
>How can I load this file ???
>
>libtiff should have a group4 decoder...

This question is asked every two month or so. Indeed, PIL does not support
the Group4 TIFF format. If you like, you can write your own decoder. The
documentation for it is fairly good. I used tiffcp to copy it to a
different format; be aware that the file size will drastically increase.

If you implement the decoder, please post your results to the list. A lot
of people would like to get the code.

Regards,
Stephan

--