[Image-SIG] Can't install PIL on RedHad 6.2

Poparosa@aol.com Poparosa@aol.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:13:06 EDT

Hello there,

    I was running Slackware 7.1 and installed PIL without
any major issues, and now I am running on RedHat 6.2, and
the "make -f Makefile.pre.in boot" command is now complaining
about a /usr/lib/python1.5/config directory not having a makefile
in it.  I do not even have this directory, let alone a makefile for it.

    I am having a similar problem with the MySQL modules I had
loaded with Slackware. so I do not think it is only related to the
PIL, but I was hoping that someone out there could tell me what
I am missing, and better yet, how to fix it.

thanks in advance - pop