[Image-SIG] FW: PIL-------pilconvert.py

Moodie, Craig CA Moodie.Craig.CA@bhp.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:41:38 +1100

Folks,
>              I downloaded the PIL from the Python download site .The downloaded file was pil-win32-991101.zip.
> 	I unzipped the file and place the contents of the directory py152 directly in the python directory ie to avoid updating the PYTHONPATH via the
> regedit.exe Windows registry.
>          Python
> 		PIL
> 		Scripts
> 		etc
> 	I am running Python 1.52 on a Windows 95 m/c.
> 	I want to convert a .tif file to a .jpg so I typed ---at the Scripts directory:-
> 	python pilconvert.py imagef.tif imagef.jpg
> 	This resulted in :
> 	cannot convert image(exceptions.Importerror:The _imaging C module is not installed)
>             This looks like there is something missing in the installation?
> The code did create a empty file called imagef.jpg in the Scripts directory.
> I have downloaded your documentation of PIL version 0.2b3. This was the only docos I could locate readily.
> 	Can you point me at what is wrong and/or missing?
>                                     regards
> 			Craig

EOM

NOTICE - This message contains information intended only for the use of the addressee named above.  It may also be confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it.  If you have received this message in error please notify postmaster@bhp.com.