[Image-SIG] using PIL as a package-PIL doesn't load all ImagePlugins-patch?

William Park parkw@better.net
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 16:04:52 -0400

On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 02:51:09PM -0500, Christopher Lee wrote:

>     William> On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 02:04:28PM -0500, Christopher Lee
>     William> wrote:
>     >> Hello,
>     >>
>     >> I'm trying to use PIL (Imaging-1.1) as a package, i.e., without
>     >> adding the PIL directory to the python path.
>
>     William> Why?
>
> Unfortunately, there are other programs that use the same module names
> (e.g., Zope).

If I remember from Python documentation, you can put module in
subdirectories, and call it by specifying the path, ie.
    import dir.subdir.module
See the doc for exact syntax.

---William Park, Open Geometry Consulting