[Image-SIG] Image.tostring method

kcaza@cymbolic.com kcaza@cymbolic.com
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:55:44 -0700

Image.tostring() does not give you a string representation of a GIF image... it
gives you the image data itself, pixel for pixel.

If you want to format that into a GIF file, you'll have to do it some other way.
I'd suggest either saving it as a GIF normally, the reading it back in from that
file as a binary stream, or finding a way of capturing the Image .save function
to memory instead of disk.

Kevin.

Jeff Simpson <jeffrey.simpson@supplysolution.com> on 10/13/2000 12:29:40 PM