[Image-SIG] wmf support

Bernhard Herzog herzog@online.de
26 Jan 2000 20:23:54 +0100

=?iso-8859-2?B?TWFyY2VsIE1var5puQ==?= <marcel@shadow.sk> writes:

> Hi,
> I've got few questions about the support of wmf files. I'd like to make a
> simple wmf->eps convertor. I tired something like this:
> > import Image
> > i = Image.open("a.wmf").resize((128, 128))
> > i.save("a", "EPS")
>
> however it didn't work because of "attribute error: rawmode" exception...
> what should i do to get rid of this error? or is it possible to make a
> wmf->eps convertor using PIL ? or is there any working wmf->eps convertor
> for linux?

Well, wmf is more a vector format than a raster format, so PIL not
exactly the best tool to use here. My drawing program Sketch has an
import filter for wmf, although it's incomplete. Sketch can, of course,
export as EPS and even has a commandline utility for this. See my .sig
for a URL.

You might also want to have a look at libwmf:
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~caolan/docs/libwmf.html

--
Bernhard Herzog   | Sketch, a drawing program for Unix
herzog@online.de  | http://sketch.sourceforge.net/