[Image-SIG] trouble using PIL on windows

Georg Mischler schorsch@schorsch.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 11:02:52 -0500 (EST)

Reza Habib wrote:

> Hi.  Still no luck.  Neither changing the name to _imaging.pyd or moving the
> file to the root python directory allowed it to be loaded, always producing
> the same error (see below).  This is quite strange since I have no trouble
> tkinter).  Could there be files missing in the windows distribution of PIL -
> I downloaded this file:  pil-win32-991101.zip.  Any other suggestions?

Did you compile Python yourself, and are running a debug build?
If so, then all your external modules need to be debug builds
as well (or at least the file name should follow the xxx_d.pyd
pattern).
It took me about two days to figure out that this was the
reason I couldn't load _tkinter.pyd myself. As far as I can
tell, this behaviour is completely undocumented, but of course
I may have overlooked something.

If this doesn't help you, then I'll have to pass the topic
over to the experts...

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/