[Image-SIG] trouble using PIL on windows

Georg Mischler schorsch@schorsch.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 08:31:32 -0500 (EST)

Reza Habib wrote:

> Hi.  Thanks for the advice.  I put the _imaging.dll in the python root
> directory (i.e. d:\python).  It still won't load.  When I type:
>
> import _imaging
>
> I get the following error:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "<interactive input>", line 1, in ?
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
>
> When I do sys.path however, it lists d:\python as being part of the python
> search path.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks again.

You could try renaming it to _imaging.pyd. I'm not quite
sure if I fully understand when Python looks for *.dll and
when for *.pyd files, but the latter is definitively a
convention for C-extensions and works for me with _imaging.

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/