[Image-SIG] PIL JPEG

Jim Tittsler jwt-python@dskk.co.jp
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:39:27 +0900

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 06:39:44PM +0000, Robert Moloney wrote:
> How can I save an image as progressive jpeg
>
> I get errors when I try
> image1 = Image.save(image2,"JPEG",progression)

I believe you need to make it a keyword option:
  Image.save("myimage2.jpg", "JPEG", progressive=1)

Also note that there may be an inconsistency, in that JpegImagePlugin
appears to check for the name 'progressive' rather than the documented
'progression'. (And when a progessive JPEG is read in, the info dictionary
gets a 'progression' entry.)

Jim

P.S. The Image.save method is documented as always returning None, so your
image1 may be boring.