[Image-SIG] ellipse in PIL doesn't appear ... ?

Denis Frère denis.frere@aragne.com
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 23:31:01 +0200

Hello,

I just started playing with PIL.

I've read the docs : great !
I managed to create a new image. There came my first surprise :
colors are not RGB but BRG !?

Then I used ImageDraw : I can draw rectangles, lines, polygons, points ...
But I can't manage to draw a circle or an ellipse.
(I didn't try arcs and pies, I guess it would be the same).
What means xy in the case of an ellipse ?
I'm asked a quad-tuple :
- origin point + height + width just like in Pdfgen ?
- rectangle box ?
I tried lots of combinations and nothing show up in the image.
The code of ImageDraw isn't of much help.
I found nothing about ellipse through the search engine.

I tried PIL 1.0 on a Winnt4 platform.

Thanks if you can help.

Denis
spirou@p3b.org