[Image-SIG] Win98 Environment Size [was: Couple of small problems with the Python Imaging Library, any suggestions?]

Jim Tittsler jwt-python@dskk.co.jp
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 11:00:24 +0900

On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 03:44:51PM +0000, ken wrote:

> 1) Under win 98, when I run the included "setup.bat", which sets some
> necessary environment variables, I get an "Out of environment space" from
> the DOS shell on the last two commands, which are attempting to set the
> TCL_LIBRARY and TK_LIBRARY variables. [...]

You can increase the environment size available for COMMAND.COM by adding
(or editing) this line in your C:\CONFIG.SYS file:

SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM C:\ /E:1024 /P
(assuming you have a copy of COMMAND.COM in C:\)

where the /E:nnnn option allows you to specify your environment size.