[Image-SIG] Couple of small problems with the Python Imaging Library, any suggestions?

Kevin Cazabon KCAZA@cymbolic.com
Mon, 04 Oct 1999 16:58:48 -0700

As far as I know, if you're using the precompiled Windows binaries, there's only a
couple things that need to be set up:

-the PIL directory has to be in the PYTHONPATH
-the new _tkinter.dll should replace the _tkinter.pyd file in the DLLs folder of
Python (if they're both there, Python will load the older .pyd first, and you'll have
problems displaying graphics using Tk)

You can easily add the PIL directory to the Pythonpath manually, either using the
Edit Python Path tool in Pythonwin, or searching the registry (using Regedit) for
'pythonpath' and adding it there.

Kevin Cazabon,
hacker-at-large.

q:]

>>> "ken" <ken@be.com> 10/04/99 08:44AM >>>
Hi all. I've just started using PIL, and have encountered the following
problems:

1) Under win 98, when I run the included "setup.bat", which sets some
necessary
environment variables, I get an "Out of environment space" from the DOS
shell on
the last two commands, which are attempting to set the TCL_LIBRARY and
TK_LIBRARY
variables. This is with the precompiled Python/Tk/Pil distro. Anyone
else seen this?

2) I have PIL compiled and installed under Linux, but am getting a link
error off of
an X library, I think--says it can't find XPixMap, or something to that
effect. I'll look
into this in more detail, but though I might post this in case this is
a well know problem.

Thanks,
Ken