[Image-SIG] installation issue

Peter J Ulintz pulintz@umich.edu
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 20:31:22 -0500 (EST)

Hi.

I've got a problem installing PIL-1.0 on a Sun Solaris2.6 server. I've got
all the imaging support, so I used the default Setup settings. Smooth
sailing until step 8 of the README build instructions:

$ PYTHONPATH=.:./PIL ; export PYTHONPATH
$ python
Python 1.5.2 (#1, Nov  2 1999, 19:52:54)  [GCC 2.8.1] on sunos5
>>> import _imaging
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file ./_imaging.so:
symbol XGetFontProperty: referenced symbol not found

Just subscribed, but I didn't see too much that might help in the more
recent archives.  Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot,
--Pete

Peter Ulintz                    Systems Research Programmer
Andrews Lab -- Biochemistry     University of Michigan
pulintz@umich.edu               734.936.1327