[Image-SIG] Binary distribution of PIL 1.0

Kari.Pulli@nokia.com Kari.Pulli@nokia.com
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:42:38 +0200

Hi,

Has anyone succesfully been able to compile PIL 1.0 final
for Win95/NT? I just tried and failed...

In any case, the newest PIL that I'm able to run on my Win95
is the version 0.3 at
http://www.python.org/download/download_windows.html

Fredrik Lundh has a binary for a newer version (1.0b1) at
http://www.pythonware.com/downloads.htm#pil
but that distribution lacks the _tkinter.pyd file,
and the one from 0.3 didn't seem to work with the rest
of the files from that distribution.

So, my plea of help would be one of the following
(listed in the order of usefulness):
	* how can I get 1.0 final compiled on VC++6.0
	  (including binary version of jpeglib, zlib I
	  managed to find)?
	* a binary distribution of 1.0 final
	* _tkinter.pyd that's compatible with
	  1.0b1 and Python 1.5.2