[Image-SIG] ImageDraw / ImageFont ... font conversion

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 15:02:00 +0100

Me:
>> if anyone has pointers to freely redistributable
>> fonts (or pilfont versions of them), please step
>> forward!

Anthony:
>There's stuff on www.gimp.org, under Resources -> Fonts.
>I can't get to it right now (mmm network) but from memory
>it had links to font packages, including a bunch of free
>truetype and postscript fonts...

it seems like all fonts provided with the X11 distribution
has a Python-like copyright.  this means that we should
be able to provide a precompiled set of fonts along with
a future version of PIL.  to be on the safe side, the pilfont
utility (and possibly the format) should be modified to
keep the copyright string around.

if anyone feels inspired, a contribution along these lines
would be highly appreciated.  or maybe someone could
send me some round tuits?

Cheers /F