[Image-SIG] Fix for use of tkImaging as a dynloadable command

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:35:59 +0100

David Ascher <da@skivs.ski.org> wrote:
>Starting with PIL 1.0b1, I've managed to patch tkImaging so that it can be
>loaded dynamically from an unmodified tk or _tkinter.  It's surprisingly
>not too bad, once one has done it for Togl =).
>
>The patches are very minor, but require changing the name of the init
>function to Tkimaging_Init (that's a requirement of the dynloading of Tk
>-- it has to be Upper_Init).

Interesting.  I have similar patches that does it the other way -- it
calls a function in _imaging.dll with a pointer to the Tcl interpreter.
In other words, I let Python do the dynamic loading...

>I propose that these patches be added to PIL for future releases. Having
>dynamically loaded extensions is a GoodThing(tm).

One of these solutions will definitely be added before 1.0 final.

>PPS: Fredrik -- FYI, I still have that problem with the Adobe CMYK file --
>is that just a difference of opinion among 'standards'?

Didn't get around to fix that before the 1.0b1 release (the code
was "frozen" before I got your sample.  In the meantime, you can
try removing the following two lines from JpegImagePlugin.py:

		    if self.mode == "CMYK" and self.info.has_key("adobe"):
    rawmode = "CMYK;I" # Photoshop 2.5 is broken!

Cheers /F
fredrik@pythonware.com
http://www.pythonware.com