[Image-SIG] Where to implement other resizing methods...

Lourette lourette@localnet.com
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 23:37:11 -0500

There is an algorithm in the graphics Gems series (Graphics Gems III) that
I have used in the past. 'C' code is listed there and can be found in
archives on the Internet. Do a search for graphics gems.

Another algorithm, which is called "Image resampling with coefficient bins"
can be found in the book, "Digital Image Warping" by George Wolberg. The
original algorithm was developed at Kodak, but is in the public domain and
was published in the Procedings of the SPIE Digital Image Processing
Applications, vol. 1075, pp. 260-269, 1989. The article was entitled
"Resampling Algorithms for Image Resizing and Rotation". The Wolberg book
contains a 'C' code version.

At 12:40 PM 2/12/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I wish to add an interpolation algorythm to the resizing method of PIL...
I'm just wondering where the current nearest-neighbour and antialias
methods are implemented so that I can add INTERPOLATE to them.